Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Dealing With Stress Before Stress Deals With You

Dealing With Stress Before Stress Deals With You



There’s a shockingly disturbing trend I’m seeing in e-mail, on blogs, and in the news. More and more people are suffering from:

* Anxiety and Anxiety Attacks
* Heart Problems
* Stress
* Sleeplessness

These, when they take a nasty turn, can lead to further health problems, relationship problems, financial setbacks, and a general loss in quality of life. At least, in most of the cases I’ve seen, most people are actively trying to make themselves better by making necessary changes. But as Daisee points out, change is hard - sometimes really, really hard!

CupWhen it comes to oversimplifying things, I’m so guilty I should be locked up for life. I’m well aware of that. But having acknowledged the fact, I still have to say that I think the answers to these problems are often within our own power. It’s sort of like me this morning. I woke up at 3:15 dying for a drink. I knew I’d left a cup in the bathroom adjacent to our bedroom. With eyes barely open, somehow I managed to turn the water on. Then my only problem was, “Where’d that darn cup go?” I felt around on the counter in the dark with my left hand, then it occured to me - the cup was in my right hand. I must have absentmindedly picked it up before turning the water on.


Great article, the rest can be found at http://www.selfhelpdaily.com/dealing-with-stress-before-stress-deals-with-you/

No comments:

Post a Comment