Friday, April 3, 2009

Quality not Quantity

We all know the type of person, the one who has a million friends, who is always on the phone, bouncing from person to person, talking to everyone but listning to no one. Are you that type of person ? Do you know the likes and dislikes of your closest friends ?

http://dennisharting.blogspot.com/2009/04/quality-versus-quantity.html



I recently had an occasion to witness how someone seeks to develop her self through quantity rather than quality. Her esteem is such that she needs to surround herself with lots of people. This woman is always texting, calling, or instant messaging someone at all times throughout the day. I had the opportunity to see this first hand by going out to lunch with her. During the entire time we spent together, she never stopped interacting with others. This got my curiosity up to look a bit deeper into this.

A week later, I had the chance to meet her again. It was interesting how the low esteem is interwoven in all she does. To start, I will tell you this woman's life is chaos. She is always later no matter what. And, when I say late, it is not a few minutes. She showed up 45 minutes late to our get together. Normally, I would have left after about 15 minutes but I was interested in understanding this more. Again, when she got there, it was a similar thing. She was going a mile-a-minute the entire time. A relaxing meal was anything but that.

No comments:

Post a Comment