Thursday, March 12, 2009

Use Your Anger

There are many times that I find myself growling in anger, usually directed at myself and things I have failed to do or tried and failed at, but after reading the following article, I think I should not be so hard on myself

Everyone gets angry periodically. There are simply certain things in life which irritate us. This feeling is magnified when the anger is caused by something we, ourselves, did. In others words, we are peeved at ourselves.

My study of human behavior leads me to believe that people will not make changes until they have felt enough emotional pain. It is sad to say but pain is a better motivator for change than pleasure. People will only take a different path once they suffered enough.

A prime example is the alcoholic. This person's drinking is a problem long before he or she admits it. Others around that person see it. However, the alcoholic will not seek recovery until he or she felt enough pain. Only then will the new path be forged.

http://dennisharting.blogspot.com/2009/03/use-your-anger.html




Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment