Monday, February 2, 2009

Over Thinking

This is part one of a series on the Enemies of Motivation. Today I will discuss over-thinking. I am as guilty of this as anyone. I tend to over-think things when it comes to taking action or determining how I will attain a goal.

Some of us become inspired with a goal and immediately begin investigating how we can make it a reality. In doing so, we analyze every conceivable angle of how, when, where, what and so on. As we get in deeper, we lose time, and then we lose momentum. Before you know it - no more motivation to do it. We stall in getting everything just right that we never take the critical first step.

Many will say - “I have to know what to do so I don’t make a mistake”, or “I don’t want people to criticize me.” Seriously ? Like it or not- you are going to screw up, trip, fall, and look like a newbie. Don’t let that meaningless, fear-driven nonsense hold you back. Take action on whatever it is you going after. Have a good time making errors freely ! You’re a newb and who cares who knows.


To read the rest of this great post please go to http://leaderspersonaldevelopment.wordpress.com/2009/02/02/the-enemies-of-motivation-over-thinking/

No comments:

Post a Comment